July 4th is just a few days away! Are you prepared?
Here are some tips for a safe and fun weekend with your pet!
1. Discuss calming aids with your veterinarian: this may include herbals, medication, thunder shirts or an assisi loop.
2. Make sure your pet is kept in a safe and secure area if you are expecting guests, or fireworks.
3. Keep identification on your pet at all times. Make sure their collar fits and their ID tag is up to date.
4. Use a trash can with a lid and keep potentially dangerous foods away from your pet like corn cobs, chocolate, or cooked bones.
Poison control contact: 888-426-4435.
5. Make sure you know your veterinarian’s office hours and where your closest animal ER is in the event your pet experiences an emergency.